Special Interest Group of
Intelligent Transport Systems (SIGITS)
on Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ)
The automobile engineering has a history of more than 100 years.
Nowadays, vehicles play more important roles from the viewpoint
of our life style and transportation systems.
In this situation, the increase of automobile traffic causes many
problems such as the traffic congestion, the accident and the
To solve these various traffic problems, the promotion of ITS(Intelligent
Transport Systems) is greatly expected.
The primary focus of SIGITS is to provide such a new traffic system to
be created by utilizing state-of-the-art information and
- Image Processing(Lane Detection, Obstacle Detection, Traffic Conjestion Detection, etc.)
- Communication Network(Network Architecture, Protocol, Ranging Technology, Secure Communication, etc.)
- Information Providing(User Interface, Geographical Information System, Agents, etc.)
- Application(Commercial Vehicle Operation, Navigation, Electronic Toll Collection, Cruising Assistance, etc.)
- Inter-modality(Coodination of Intermodal Transportation, etc.)
Maintained by yashiro[AT]net.it-chiba.ac.jp
Copyright 2004 IPSJ SIG-ITS All rights reserved.